Sanyael - Desert World Boss
SPOILERS: Warning Orbus VR was designed with the expectation that a large part of gameplay would be collaboration, exploration, and discovery. We think this counts as collaboration, but if you want to find things completely on your own you will want to avoid clicking anything that looks moderately interesting or helpful. So basically you shouldn't really click on anything on the internet at all if you want the raw experience. You should instead shut yourself in your room until you are level 20 on the class of your choice. We also recommend not speaking to anyone, since they might spoil things for you too if you are that worried about it.
Sanyael is a giant leecher with the ability to poison and cause massive damage. A group of 20 or more players is recommended, with all classes represented and all players at or near level 20.
Location and How to Summon
Sanyael is located in a canyon east of the Desert town of Tarth Fa Dathrun. On the map, the World Boss location appears as an opening in the mountains. To summon Sanyael, kill all Level 20 Leechers in and outside the canyon leading to the World Boss. If an attempt fails, there is five minute cooldown before Sanyael can be summoned again.
- All players stand in a line, short of midway, in the circular canyon where Sanyael has appeared. All pets must be unequipped.
- Musketeers stand behind a group of 3 to 5 Runemages and Rangers ("DPS") with the Decurse orb equipped and the Lifewell orb unequipped. Musketeers must stand close enough to their designated DPS group so that the Musketeers themselves are within the area of effect of their own orbs and the DPS they are healing/decursing.
- One warrior ("Tank"), likely with a backup warrior, attack Sanyael to draw aggro. Two or more Musketeers will be assigned to healing/decursing these Tanks.
- All DPS hold attacks until the Tank has drawn aggro, which appears as a small area of effect attack ("AOE") which appears like a red sphere.
- Once the Tank has drawn aggro, DPS begins attacking.
- After a certain amount of time or damage, Sanyael will do a much larger AOE attack - it will appear as a red ring at the top of the canyon and is unavoidable. The attack does a significant amount of damage and causes a poison status. Musketeers must load the Decurse orb during the red ring, wait until the red ring disappears, then immediately fire off their Decurse orb at their turret, and then follow with Healing orbs.
- Sanyael will dive into the sand, leaving only its tail exposed. DPS must not shoot the tail and Tanks will proceed to block the tail from errant DPS attacks with their shields. DPS will attack the Leechers coming out of Sanyael's tail.
- After a certain amount of time, Sanyael will reappear. At this point, Tanks will redraw aggro and then the cycle continues until Sanyael is defeated.
- NOTE: You may be expected to have Discord installed on your computer. Due to the number of players and bandwidth issues, audio may start to be cut, including in-game voice chat. Using Discord's voice chat feature solves this issue.
Most Common Mistakes
- DPS fires before Tank draws aggro in the beginning or at the start of each cycle.
- DPS fires on Sanyael's exposed tail.
- After the large AOE, Musketeer fails to fire Decurse orb or does not survive the initial attack.
- Musketeers protecting Tanks fail to keep them alive or fail to close the distance to Decurse the Tanks and themselves after the large AOE.
- Sanyael World Boss Cape
- Signet of Draco Ring (+12 Critical, +100 Vitality, +25 Wisdom, Various Ring Affixes)